Thursday, April 24, 2014

Thursday Fun Friends

Happy Thursday

I have been having so much fun in my craft room lately.  I have a new look on my craft and I am totally lovin' it.  I am really having fun trying some new techniques.  My layout for today (sorry it is a bit blurry but the lighting wasn't very good- cloudy day :()  I will try to take another pic if I have time!

For this layout I wanted to try my hand at watercolors and I used a pretty purple.  A little bit is peeking through.  I made this entire layout with scraps.  The paper is an older collection from Bella Blvd.  When we were pumpkin shopping we went into the gift shop and saw this really cool witch that was HUGE!  Jack jumped up on the table and yelled - Mom, take my picture with my new friend.  LOL! 
I also made a process video to share with you on how I used my scraps to make this layout.
supply list
cardstock- core'dinations
paper-stickers- chipboard- Bella Blvd.
studio calico wood veneer
freckled fawn enamel dots
recollections pearls
spectrum noir

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Have a wonderful and crafty day!
mp

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute layout, Mary Pat, and yay for watercolors! It looks great with that torn strip of paper!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love that you took the watercolouring plunge--great story about Jack's new friend!

Annette Allen said...

wow great layout.. love the watercolored background..

Fleursbydesign said...

Great video and layout :)

Mary Jo said...

Adorable page!!

Izzy Anderson said...

I really need to break out some paint. LOVE this effect on your layout. This really turned out great! Super use of scraps too.

Tanya Ham said...

Awesome!! It's so fun to try new techniques, especially when they come out so well! :)

Leslie Germain said...

So fun. Love the purple and orange!

Tracy said...

Such a fun layout and sweet story behind it :)
Is you new look out on your craft, trying new things?

Katie said...

This layout is awesome! I love the story behind it too.

Kim Heggins said...

Another fabulous layout! I love the orange and purple, just so fun.

Post a Comment