Saturday, February 1, 2014

Saturday SOG Monthly Challenge



Happy Saturday!
Popping in on this wonderful Saturday becuase it is the first of the month and that means a brand new challenge over at Some Odd Girl!

This month the challenge is really fun.  The challenge is to use a stencil or mask. I used a Heidi Swapp stencil and used my mists to create an awesome background for my layout.  I then layered my pattern paper.  I am really into making my paper pop so I used my perfect layers tool to create matts for my pattern paper. With the wonderful tones of white, grey, pink and red, I knew that the chalkboard look would work really well with this and Core'dinations cardstock is so perfect for that.  I cut a word bubble using the Silhouette and then sanded it.  I then heat embossed the sentiment "love love love" using the I Do clear stamps set in white embossing powder.   I then did the same thing with the smile banner.  I used the sentiment from the clear set Photo Kaylee.  For  my title and doodle cut I used an Elle's studio cut file.  I added some October Afternoon stickers to continue my title and then I stamped my banner using Everyday Smiles " All day Everyday" to finish it off!  I LOVE how this one turned out.  Have you tried stamping on your scrapbook layouts?  I love it and don't be afraid to mix and match different sentiments from different collections.
This is a funny photo my boys and I took of ourselves on Instagram.  We were hanging out being goofy on one of our snow days and I thought to capture us all huddled together reading a book under a blanket.  We had so much fun.  The title really says it all I LOVE hanging with my boys all day everyday!!

supplies
cardstock- core'dinations
stencil- heidi swapp
paper- imaginisce
mist- studio calico
cut files- elle's studio
stamps- SOME ODD GIRL
embossing powder

Thanks for stopping by today.  I will be back next week with all new projects.  See you then. Have a wonderful and crafty weekend!
mp

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, I love this layout, Mary pat!! Such a cute pic, too!

Annette Allen said...

wow fabulous layout.. love the heart background and the layers are perfect.. love it

lisaplus6 said...

your layout made me smile! I love the colors and how it captures your relationship!

Anonymous said...

I love stamping on my layouts and you did an awesome job!!! Your photo is soo fun! Such a wonderful layout!! :)

Fawn said...

This is wonderful! The photo is definitely the star of the show and the layout shows it to perfection. Well done.

Lisa said...

What a fun page! Love the stenciling and the layering. Really nice work.

Janet's Joy said...

This is a fabulous page! Adorable photo.

Kim Heggins said...

Love your photo...really looks like you are all having a fabulous time! Really makes for a wonderful layout too. So fun!

Becky said...

Great layout!! Love it :)

Izzy Anderson said...

Totally fun pic and page! I don't use my stencils enough. Love how this turned out!

Tracy said...

I have to say Mary Pat, I think this is one of my favourite layouts of yours.
I know I have said this for many of your layout, but I love this one.

Maria said...

Great layout and lovely picture!
Hugs,

Maria

Tanya Ham said...

CUTE!!!! :) I love how you misted that background and then layered it all up! :) GREAT job!

Katie said...

This is really cool! I love the background, and the layering. And of course, the picture is wonderful too!

Post a Comment