Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Tuesday Sketch and Lily Bee Layout

Happy Tuesday

or in my world -- Friday!!  LOL!!  I think of it as Friday since today is the last work day! LOL!!

So I was very sad when my term ended at Cord Scrapbook Studio.  I hope to try out again when they have try outs in December  but I was really honored when Stephanne asked me to do some guest work for the blog!   So the first thing she asked me to do was a sketch and layout  using some Lilly Bee Designs.  I was really excited about this.  Here is my sketch:
Here is my take on the sketch.  I once again was in the mood to try some new things and I used my mist, stamped on my layout and used some fun washi tape.  I had this photo that I had taken of my guys in the summer and I have been wanting to scrap it.  I really like how it turned out!  I made some of my own embellishments by layering them and then made a tag from the pattern paper and used some yummy twine from The Stringery
supplies
paper, embellishments- lily bee
 washi tape- ???
stamps- ali edwards
mist- mister huey

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow with some fun new cards.  See you then.  Have a wonderful and crafty day!
mp

22 comments:

gale said...

Great layout. That picture is precious! I really like that sketch.

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

So pretty and such a great sketch, Mary Pat! I love the pops of yellow with the blue. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. Enjoy your time off. :)

~Tammy~ said...

That is a great sketch! Love your execution of it!

Barbara said...

It sounds like you had a lot of fun playing with this one. I have a lot of washi tape but have yet to use any of it!

Tammy said...

Fabulous sketch! Love the tag and twine and the layered embellishments. Hope the day flies by for you! :)

Becky said...

What an awesome sketch and I love your misting! That look on your husbands face is hilarious, you can tell he is the spouse of a scrapper :)

Jingle said...

Very pretty layout! Love the way you did the splatter thingies! (Yes..that's the technical term. HA!)

Margareta Carlsson said...

Awesome sketch! I love that page. The soft colors, the trendy details - it's so beautiful!

Connie Mercer said...

very beautiful layout!!!

Blessed Ladybug said...

love the layout .. it almost wants to make me say ... THIS IS MY HAPPY FACE... happy Thanksgiving to you and yours....love ya

Mary Jo said...

Great job with the sketch and fun layout!!
Hope you enjoy your time off and Thanksgiving holidays!!

Norma G. said...

Hi Mary Pat! Great layout, love the misting, washi & stamping. Have a wonderful Friday ;D

Steph said...

Great sketch and layout!

laura said...

I have to say the sketch didn't appeal to me. It was very fragmented, but your layout is gorgeous and you bridged the papers very well.

Erin said...

Great layout & I love the photo!

Fleursbydesign said...

Great take on the sketch love the misting and photo :)

Madeline said...

Very pretty! Great job with the sketch!

Patricia said...

Love the special touches with your homemade tag and the washi tape!

Tracy said...

Another great layout. I had a chuckle at your hubby, looks like you take a few to many photos of him, lol.
He should be used of it, you being a scrapbooker and all,teehee.
Great sketch and you rocked it yet again :)

Izzy Anderson said...

Gorgeous. Love this. What a great take on the sketch. The softness of this is so appealing. Beautiful papers and pic.

Katie said...

I love this layout. It is a beautiful take on the sketch and the photo is precious!

You have to love a two day work week! Tuesday "Fridays" are my favorite, I think :) I also like Thursday "Mondays", because real Friday is just around the corner!

Cathy said...

adore this layout! Just perfect!

Post a Comment