Saturday, December 18, 2010

You at 5

Happy Saturday!

Well I had a great time at my crop last night; however, I didn't get much done.  I got on layout almost done (I just have to cut out the title and complete the journaling), and I have 2 others started.  My girlfriend, Tina, and I were just a bit tired with it being the last day of school etc.  So therefore we talked a bunch!  Sometimes you just need that!

Pretty excited Jack has his first play date with a little boy in his PreK class.  Finally Jack is making friends!  He had a hard time when we moved and he switched schools twice in a year.  In our old neighborhood there were 4 boys that were all the same age and we could just walk outside and there would always be someone outside to play with.  Here in our new neighborhood there isn't anyone on our street that is his age so he has been lonely.  So I am crossing my fingers that today goes well!

On to my Layout:

You at 5

In this layout I used some of the 3 Bugs in a Rug Tool Time paper.  I used the B side of the double dipped paper.  I love when I can do that!  Every year I always do a page with just some head shots and the journaling is about how tall and what they weigh and then I put in their favorite things at that age.  I love to go back and just look at these pages to see how the boys have changed in a year, and the title is always the same You at_________.  I look forward to making this page every year!



Supplies
Cardstock:  bazzill
pattern paper:  3Bugs in a Rug
Brads and Buttons:  Basic Grey
Twine:  Paper Trey Ink

I hope everyone has a fantastic Saturday--Can you believe next week will be Christmas. I am sooo excited!  I am ready! 

Thanks for stopping by and I will see you on Monday with a new layout!

8 comments:

Sue Althouse said...

Great page! Love those colors and the photos! I rarely get much done at a crop but socializing. Nothing wrong with that...

Anonymous said...

Awesome layout! Thank you for sharing!

Sharla said...

What a fun yearly layout to do! I love those close up face shots, and it's fun to see how fast they change and grow up. I hope Jack has fun with his play date! :)

Unknown said...

Super cute layout! I love the pictures!

Steph said...

Adorable layout!

Tracy said...

Love this layout and this idea. Wish I could turn the clock back hummm 21 years and do something like this for my girls, lol.
Sometimes you just need to chat the night away, so fun.
Hope Jack has fun with his new friend.

Becky said...

I love this idea! I wonder if I could start this with girls, or if it's too late? Have an awesome afternoon! Glad you had fun at the crop, even if you weren't "paper" productive!

Kelly Roberts said...

Very cute layout. I like the pictures and the way the designs highlights them. Great job! Thanks for visiting my blog, too.

Post a Comment